Terms & Conditions
Credit Card Draft/Bank Draft Payment Agreement
This is a request to the above-named financial institution. I further agree that this authorization is to remain in effect until the Hornell & Dansville YMCA receives 30 days written notice of cancellation. It is understood that the draft on my account shall constitute valid notice of such payment due on my membership. When the financial institution honors the payment, my account statement shall serve as a receipt for payment. I understand that if I wish to cancel my membership or make changes, these changes must be made IN WRITING 30 days prior to the membership draft date. Those who allow their membership to lapse for more than 60 days, except for a medical reason, are classified as new members and are therefore subject to pay the Facility Improvement Fee upon enrollment. Epay memberships must be active for 30 days before a Cancellation Request can be submitted.
- All memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. I understand that all memberships will remain in effect as long as I meet the terms of this membership agreement. All electronic payments are authorized to be drafted from the account as listed on the membership application until written cancellation is received.
- You will be notified if a check, credit card or bank draft is returned to the YMCA and your account may be subject to a $35 processing fee. You are also responsible for any additional costs, including any credit card/bank fees imposed by the member's credit card company/bank and possible attorney fees, court costs, and taxes. If dues are not collected 10 days after the return access to member services and/or programs will be denied to all persons on the membership until the account is current. Electronic debits will be resubmitted up to two times and if charges are not collected access to member services and/or programs will be denied to all persons on the membership until the account is current. I understand that Past Due amounts will still be due upon future renewal.
- It is my complete understanding that if I wish to change my membership in any way, including address changes, or terminate my membership, I must give the YMCA a 30-day written notice. Epay memberships must be active for 30 days before a Cancellation Request can be submitted.
- Facility Improvement Fee (F.I.F.): The Y believes that members are co-owners of the organization. As co-owners each member is asked to pay a one-time facility improvement fee as a mission investment. These dollars are primarily used for non-expansion capital improvements like new equipment, building repairs, and preventive maintenance. Those who allow their membership to lapse for more than 60 days, except for a medical reason, are classified as new members and are therefore subject to pay the Facility Improvement Fee upon enrollment.
- The YMCA, at their discretion, may adjust the monthly rate applicable to my membership category. I understand that I will receive at least 30 days' written notice prior to any change. If I think there is an error in my membership payment draft, I will notify the YMCA within 60 days of the transaction date. The transaction will be investigated and corrected if necessary.
- Memberships are age-based. YMCA reserves the right to automatically move an individual into the next membership category once they have aged out of their current membership type.
- I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the YMCA designed for the enjoyment of all its members and program participants, as stated in the Hornell & Dansville YMCA Member Handbook. The protection and safety of members, program participants, and guests who are utilizing the YMCA are of paramount concern to the Hornell & Dansville YMCA. Therefore, we reserve the right to deny access or membership to any person whose behavior is judged to be in conflict with the welfare and safety of other members, program participants, guests, and/or staff; who is a registered sex offender; has pleaded guilty to or been convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse or a crime against persons such as child, spousal or parental abuse or any offense related to the sale or transportation of illegal, habit-forming or dangerous drug; or who is presently clearly under the influence of intoxicating beverages or behavior-modifying drugs.
- All participants run through the national sex offender registry. Inclusion may result in exclusion from YMCA programs and membership privileges.
- All members are offered a Fitness Center Orientation in which YMCA Fitness Staff will teach members how to correctly and safely use all of the fitness equipment. I understand that my participation in orientation is voluntary and that the use of equipment and weights designed for exercising and associated with the YMCA does pose a risk of physical injury and other adverse health consequences. I also understand it is my responsibility to schedule an appointment for orientation at the Fitness Center counter and attend this orientation. Furthermore, I do have the right to waive this orientation if I feel I have knowledge of how to correctly and safely use the equipment and weights.
- The Hornell & Dansville YMCA is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items and/or personal property.
- The use of cell phones or camera phones is not permitted in the Locker Rooms, Fitness Center, Aerobics and Spin Studios, Music and Art Studios, Childcare, or other program areas. Photos and videos may be taken only with the expressed permission of the YMCA Executive Director and all participants being photographed. Signed photo releases must be filed with the YMCA.
- I agree to change into clean and dry sneakers before using the Fitness Center and/or Gymnasium or participating in programs in the Aerobics and Spin Studios. No street shoes are allowed in these program areas.
- I hereby consent to and authorize the use and reproduction of any and all photographs or video footage taken of me and/or my family, including children listed on the application, for the Hornell & Dansville YMCA's promotional and public relations purposes. I understand that I will receive no reimbursement for allowing my photo to be taken or for the use of the photo or video.
Waiver, Release and Hold Harmless
I understand that Hornell & Dansville YMCA activities have inherent risks and I hereby assume all risks and hazards associated with my participation in all Hornell YMCA activities. I further waive, release, absolve, indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Hornell & Dansville YMCA, the organizers, volunteers, supervisors, officers, directors, staff, participants, coaches, and referees from any claims or injury sustained during my use of the Hornell YMCA facilities and/or property. I have voluntarily signed below and further agree that no oral representations, statements, and inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
I understand memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Hornell & Dansville YMCA. I further understand that all memberships to the Hornell & Dansville YMCA are continuous until I provide written notice of cancellation to the Hornell & Dansville YMCA. I assume full responsibility for risk of bodily injury, death, and/or property damage due to negligence of the Hornell & Dansville YMCA, the organizers, volunteers, supervisors, officers, directors, staff, participants, coaches, and referees while in, about, or upon the premises of the YMCA and/or while using the premises or any facilities or equipment thereon or participating in any program affiliated with the Hornell & Dansville YMCA.